Thursday, 26 February 2015

Is this what the kids are doing these days?

I think I missed the angsty teenage phase of having a blog. As a result, I have absolutely no experience writing for, editing, or managing a blog. Oh well!

A little about me:

I'm a first year Masters student studying neuroscience. My area of research is stress-related eating and food craving, and it's worth noting that I'm extremely guilty of both of those things. I have a couple of pretty major food allergies, which have forced me to learn how to cook (at the very least, I can feed myself on things other than boiled spaghetti and sauce from a can) but which also have a pesky little habit of trying to kill me. I spend too much time watching cartoons. I'm really bad at math.

Something I loved as a kid was learning about the world. Not necessarily in a social or political sense, but I was definitely that annoying kid who kept asking questions about why the sky was blue or why grass is green, and who made a mess with cornstarch slime and food colouring. I'm hoping to convey that love with this blog, which will hopefully be not only a place to dump cooking/baking photos, but also a place for the concepts related to how those things work. But I guess we'll see. 

Right now, I'm trying to grow fruits/vegetables/herbs at home, which has very little to do with eco-friendliness and sustainability, and very much to do with consistently forgetting to pick up ingredients at the grocery store and having child-like entertainment requirements.

I didn't plan this out very well, so here's a picture of some cookies I made last Christmas:


They were chocolate crinkles and almond linzer cookies with homemade strawberry jam, and they were delicious.

Hopefully, I'll have a better plan going into the next post.

Until next time!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment